What is it about bubble wrap? I know of few things in life that can turn an otherwise (you pick) hectic/rotten/boring day into at least a few minutes of smiles and contentment; a distraction (and metamorphosis) of the very best sort!
Be honest. Isn't the bubble wrap sometimes waaaaay more exciting than the package's contents?
Admit it. Don't you secretly enjoy hearing an occasional POP! escape from that shiny plastic? Of course you do. Doesn't everyone?
I wonder ... Do you prefer to squeeze or roll the bubbles to pop them? I'm a squeezer. Well, since we're being honest here ... sometimes I'm a stepper. Have you ever stepped on bubble wrap to pop it? You should try it sometime! Tip: The big bubbles are easier -- and you don't look so silly. Be prepared to laugh ... a lot!
- Don't pop someone else's bubble wrap without permission. This could lead to Bad Things Happening to your person.
- Don't pop bubble wrap in quiet public places (like libraries) unless you want it confiscated.
- Don't pop bubble wrap in a store if you haven't paid for it. They get cranky when their rolls of bubble wrap are all limp.
- It is always good form to offer to share your bubble wrap.
- Giving your bubble wrap to children is good for Karma points.
- Chicks dig bubble wrap. Always bring it along on a date.
Do you know that if you reeeaaally need to hear that SNAP! POP! but don't have quick access to bubble wrap, there's another option? Yeah. It's the next best thing.
|Click the picture to play!|
Are you wondering where in the world THIS post came from? Simple. It came from the party planning site Punchbowl.com ... where "life is full of reasons to celebrate." And since today is the last Monday of January, let's celebrate!
Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day
Yes, I know you want to mark your calendar for next year ...
January 27, 2014
Do you have a favorite bubble wrap memory?
When's the last time you had yourself a little bubble wrap therapy?